AIM OF COURSE
The aim of the course is to elucidate the importance of infant – toddler teaching and learning in an early years setting with emphasis on quality programmes and provision.
By the end of the course students will:
• have acquired knowledge of infant-toddler teaching and learning within an early years setting environment
• be able to think critically, analyse and resolve issues that arise in the day-to-day life of infants and toddlers within an early years setting
• be able to apply the fundamental principles of infant and toddler education in order to ensure quality of the process
• have acquired basic co-operative skills in order to work with families, colleagues and administration
• be able to systematically reflect and document in order to plan curriculum, assess children's learning and engage familiesbe able to implement the acquired theoretical knowledge into practice effectively